On Sunday, 19 July Village Church will be publicly gathering together again!
9:30am – Gathering at F-509 at QUT Kelvin Grove
5:00pm – Gathering at St. Paul’s in Spring Hill (43 St. Paul’s TCE)
- Attendees will need to pre-register at vc.org.au/register
- It is a condition of entry that you sign-in upon arrival via QR codes placed at the entrance (paper forms available)
- If you are feeling sick or showing any flu-like symptoms or have been overseas in the past 14 days, please remain at home and tune in via our live stream
- To find out where to park and how to locate us, head here (coming soon)
Please read further for more details. We look forward to welcoming one another again as together we explore what it’s like to belong in God’s family from the letter of 1 John!
Village Church is recommencing services based on adhering to the “Industry Covid safe plan” that has been prepared for “places of worship” (read here) with some variations as provided for under this Fact Sheet for stage 3 (read here).
Under the Industry Plan, there are a few very important things that we need to make everyone aware of:
- If you are unwell, you must stay home and not come to church, community dinner, or other church activities.
- If you display symptoms of COVID-19 while at church or a church gathering, we will provide you with a mask and either isolate you or ask you to go home and phone 13-HEALTH or go to a health facility.
- If you have had close contact with a person with COVID-19 or have been tested for COVID-19 and have not yet received a negative test result, you must stay home.
- If you have a COVID-19 test and test positive you must let us know.
Church services will continue to be live-streamed, so please continue to join in from home.
Some things that you’ll notice about church as we recommence under the Industry plan:
- When you arrive at church you will need to provide your basic contact details each time before you enter the church auditorium/building for the church service. We have set up a system using a QR-code. You can use your mobile phone camera to scan the QR-code, which will take you to a google-form to fill in your (and your family members’) names, email address (or mailing) address and phone number. These details will be added to a Contract Tracing Register.
- Please maintain social distancing at the front door when waiting to enter the building.
- Our numbers will be limited. Based on the floor area of the spaces we meet in is attendance will be limited to 128 souls in the QUT F block lecture theatre, and 100 at St Paul’s (i.e. one person per 4m2). This includes babies and children.
- You’ll be able to register before hand to let us know which service you’re planning to attend, so we can gauge numbers.
- At morning service children should be checked in to Kids Church separately before church starts. Children will go straight to Kids Church and won’t attend the start and end of church like normal, so that we don’t exceed our attendance limit.
- The latest fact sheet states that singing is allowed. The musos at the front will maintain social distancing.
- People from the same household do not need to social distance. Please be mindful and inclusive of people coming to church by themselves. Please be proactive in inviting them to sit near you or your household group (while maintaining social distance as much as possible).
- When choosing a seat please be mindful that some might have a more cautious approach to social distancing than you do. Please respect others wishes to maintain social distance.
- Please follow directional signage.
- As much as possible please move outside after the service is over.
- Bring their own pencils etc.
- Have guidelines and support for the presence of children so that they are safe and maintain appropriate physical distance wherever possible
- Bring your own Bible
- Vulnerable community members can stay home and engage non-physically if they need/want to